Florida Palm Construction (FPC) is a rapidly growing South Florida based construction company. FPC has been steadily growing by 50% over the past 3 years and offers ample opportunity for advancement – FPC is an exciting organization to join!
FPC completes more than 60 residential remodels a year, and has been progressively expanding their commercial team. FPC’s reputation continues to lead the industry with an A-rating on Angie’s List (with 3 consecutive years as a Super Service Provider), an excellent Google rating and active on social media networks. Rooted in the heart of South Florida, FPC is determined to not only be a pillar in the surrounding community but to create the finest work environment for its employees. FPC prides themselves on their detailed-oriented staff, and their streamlined processes which help them seamlessly execute each job.
FPC is looking for an experienced and talented CARPENTER to join the team.
The Carpenter will be able to perform all lead skills necessary in all phases of construction (structural repairs, remodels, build-outs) for our Residential and Commercial jobs; including preparing the jobs site, aiding Teammates with various tasks, and cleaning up the job site daily. The Carpenter will also be responsible for performing all duties as instructed by Project Manager and, being prompt and conducting proper time management, upholding high standards in work quality control and job site safety. This position is a highly skilled position, that offers exceptional benefits for tradesmen to grow their careers.
To be a successful Carpenter, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, have relevant carpentry experience involving all aspects of complete home remodels: kitchens, bathrooms, framing, hanging and drywall finishing, installing doors, baseboards, hanging windows and cabinets. Being well rounded in other trade skills i.e. smaller scale electrical, plumbing, HVAC and tile work. Being detailed oriented, have basic computer knowledge, a positive/willing to learn attitude and have quality verbal, written, and communication skills.
The Carpenter skills should include:
- Review the walls to make sure they are ready for paint and sand and patch as needed.
- Discuss sheen of the paint with the client and understand difference between sheens and types of paint.
- Framing Carpentry
- Be able to read basic drawings and understand the measurements and written directions off of that.
- Know specific framing material and be able to interpret and read blueprints, explain directions to team.
Drywall Install and Finish
- Know how to install: direction of drywall, spacing of screws, type of the drywall required and different scenarios to use them.
- Finishing the wall smoothly with spray and/or knockdown texture.
- Maintain positive customer relationship throughout job cycle.
- Sending Invoices for clients
- Setting schedules for jobs
- Having job close out meeting
- Answer contract and company related questions from client
- Finish Carpentry/Cabinetry Installation
- Installing doors
- Installing baseboards
- Installing molding and trim
- Know how to read the layout of cabinets and get your team to execute
- – Be an active safety coordinator; take initiative onsite and bring a Safety Moment to monthly Safety Meetings
- – Know how to call for inspections for each trade
- – Be able to walk with an inspector through the job and answer any questions he might have.
- Administrative Skills
- – Set up folders in company cam if none are available yet.
- – Review time sheets for accuracy of the job cost.
- – Coordinate with office regarding meetings, photos, and marketing.
- – Read/understand the product approvals
- – Know the proper screw spacing for windows
- – Know how to buck the window
- – Know proper actions required for install
Bonus Skill Set List
- – Be able to lay level tiles on the floor and walls.
- – Ability to complete complex tile designs on floors and walls, soap niches, and window openings.
- – Install the light fixture switches
- – Install fans.
- – Be able to run wiring
- – Be able to run new circuitry
- – Be able to install water lines
- – Be able to sodder pipes
- – Be able to install shower valves
- – Be able to work on underground plumbing
- – Ability to connect vent from roof
- – Ability to install a new AC Unit.
- – Know how to replace and connect ductwork
- – Know how to install bathroom fans
- Must have relevant carpentry experience involving all aspects of complete home, kitchen and bathroom remodels.
- Must have hand tools and reliable transportation; be willing to drive to the jobs
- S. citizen or proof of legal residency required
- Clean, valid Florida Driver’s License Solid “trade” references required.
- Letters of recommendation helpful.
- Working knowledge of local building codes
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Ability to work on a complete remodeling project, independently, with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to use their smart phones and computer regularly to communicate with the office.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers, subcontractors or employees of organizations.
- Must be able to travel to the job sites as assigned
- High school/ GED equivalent required
- Good understanding of basic math
- Must be able to communicate in English; verbally and written
The right candidate should exemplify the following personal characteristics:
- Commitment to client service
- Behave ethically
- Communicate effectively
- Creativity/ Innovation
- Foster Teamwork
- Be Organized
- Be Teachable
Full-Time employees will have full health, dental, and vision benefits available to them and optional for their families, as well as a 401K employer match program, maternity/paternity leave and paid holidays and PTO. This position will be paid $20-30/hourly, depending on experience and recommendations, however we are firm believers in performance-based pay.